Mrs O'Brien, Mrs Asher, Mrs Jobling
Reception - Our Curriculum
The curriculum in Reception is delivered through a balance of adult led and child led learning. It incorporates everything we want the children to experience, learn and be able to do. Meeting all the requirements of the educational programmes in the statutory framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and the flexibility to allow us to respond quickly to children’s new interests and/or needs.
Below is a broad overview of what we are learning this half term. Your child will be learning skills, acquiring new knowledge and demonstrating their understanding through 7 areas of learning and development. All areas are interconnected.
These three videos show you how to pronounce the sounds. Notice how the children don’t add an ‘uh’ sound at the end, so they say: ‘t’ not ‘tuh’. Follow the link below for downloadable information to help your child remember how to write their letters and say their sounds.
For further information about how we teach phonics at St Thomas More please visit our 'Early reading and Phonics' page.
At St Thomas More CVA we use 'White Rose' to support our teaching in maths. Over the academic year we will focus on the six main areas that collectively underpin children’s early mathematical learning, and which provide the firm foundations for the math's that children will encounter as they go up the years in primary school.
- Cardinality and counting
- Shape and Space
Please use the links below for more information.
Our PE lesson takes place on a Friday afternoon. However, the children have opportunities for Physical Development activities daily.
Each week, your child will be given the following homework:
One piece of Phonics and Maths (Set through Class Dojo)
A sharing book
Me, My Family, My World entries on Tapestry
You may also like to check out the EYFS websites below
- Numberblocks: Sing along and learn all about numbers with the Numberblocks!
- Alphablocks: Watch as the letters of the alphabet tell stories and make words using phonics. Play the learning game, watch clips and print colouring pages.
- Epic Phonics: One month free membership.
- Phonics Play: You will find lots of games and ideas to explore with children at home.
- Tapestry: Share your children's interests and experiences from home.
- Stay at Home Story Time: Oliver Jeffers will be reading one of his books every weekday and talking about some of the things that went into making it.
- Time To Come In, Bear written by Kim St. Lawrence - A story explaining social distancing to young children
APPs for EYFS
|Statutory framework for the early years foundation stage.pdf||Download|
|A parents guide to the statutory framework.pdf||Download|
|What to expect in the EYFS.pdf||Download|
|EYFS Baseline - Parent Information.pdf||Download|
|Tapestry help sheet for parents.docx||Download|